Name and objectives
The Ahrar Assembly is a political and social entity that aims to build a state of law and democracy and to adopt a constitution that guarantees full equality for all citizens, regardless of gender, nationalism, caste and economic status, and is working to ensure Iraq's full sovereignty and unity on the basis of political pluralism and social justice and guarantee the rights of women.
The Assembly is an organization open to all Iraqi citizens, who reach the age of eighteen years and are committed to the agenda of the Assembly and contributes to the activities and pays allowance of association and annual subscription.
A member shall be entitled to participate in the policy-making of the Assembly and monitor their implementation by contributing to the work and responsibility in all its structures, including leadership.
A member shall be entitled to resign whenever he wants and to inform the higher bodies of that.
- The highest authority in the Assembly is the General Conference which is held once every year and consists of delegates elected at the meetings of the branches of the provinces and the specialized commissions. The decisions of the Conference are binding for all bodies. The first Conference recognizes the agenda and the rules of procedure by an absolute majority, and the following conferences have the right to modify them in the same proportions.
- The Conference shall elect a Chairman for the Assembly, Vice president and a General Council which includes 25-31 members, and that will be the Supreme Commission of the Assembley between two conferences. The council meets once a month and elects in its first meeting the Executive Leadership Commission that consists of 9 people.
- The Executive Leadership Commission (E.L.C) takes over the management of the daily work and meets once a week or at the request of the chair of the Assembly, it handles relations with internal and external organizations, activities and events and provides periodic reports to the General Council.
- If the number of members of the Assembly increased from 30 members in any residential (urban province ... etc.), they are entitled to form a committee to lead the activities of the branch and will be linked to E.L.C.
- The formation of branches outside Iraq, like the local branches at home according to need and interest.
- The General Conference decides to set up specialized committees to oversee the activities of the Assembly in several sectors (economy, management, education, culture, etc. ..) under the supervision of the executive leadership.
The budget of the Assembly is composed of financial allowances of association and participation that is approved by the Conference. Donations from individuals and personalities inside and outside Iraq are accepted ,and will not be conditional on any terms whatsoever.
A Central Fiscal commission consists of the Chairman of the Assembly and three members elected by the General Conference develops the budget of the assembly and oversees the spending.